Step Two-Full Application Package
If an organization’s Letter of Intent (LOI) is selected to move to Step 2 of the application process, the organization will receive an email notification that it is eligible to submit a complete grant application package. Included in the email will be the JSGF Grant Application form (pdf) and an outline of all the required application information. A complete grant application package must contain:
A. JSGF Grant Application (ORIGINAL + 8 COPIES)
The original copy must be signed by Board President and Executive Director. Use only the Grant Application form (pdf) received via email with the Step II notification.
B. Grant Proposal – Two page narrative (ORIGINAL + 8 COPIES) that provides the following information:
1. Mission and history of 501 c(3) non-profit organization
2. Need or problem statement
3. Current programs and accomplishments
4. Description of program for which you are seeking funding
a. If your request is for a specific project, please explain the project including: primary purpose and the need or problem that you are seeking to address.
b. If applying for general operating support, briefly describe how these funds will be allocated.
5. Strategies that you will employ to implement your project.
C. One-page project budget – (ORIGINAL + 8 COPIES)
This amount should be the same as the amount listed on the original LOI. Please list the foundations, corporations, fundraisers and other sources that you have already, or plan to solicit for funding, including dates and, to the best of your knowledge, the status of your proposal with each.
D. Financial information – (ORIGINAL ONLY)
1. Operating budgets – Your operating budgets for the current and most recent fiscal or calendar year.
2. Revenue – list of government, foundations and corporate supporters and other sources of income, with amounts, for your current and most recent fiscal year.
3. Financial statements – A copy of your most recent Form 990 as well as your most recent financial statements. Audited financials are not required. These financial statements should reflect actual expenditures and funds received during your most recent fiscal year.
E. Other supporting materials – (ORIGINALS ONLY)
1. List of anticipated outcomes and measurable objectives.
2. One-paragraph resumes of key staff.
3. List of your board of directors, and /or Advisory Board.
4. List of your volunteers (no more than two pages)
5. A copy of your most recent IRS determination letter indicating your present nonprofit status.
6. Additional information may be requested by the foundation, after receipt of the LOI request, application or proposal letter. Typically, a site visit or phone interview will be scheduled prior to the JSGF Board of Directors’ grant review meeting.